Friday, September 18, 2009

Little Sisters - "Try So Hard"



Since RAG is still relatively new, a lot of these artist are my friends and family. All though that shouldn't diminish their talent. I just happen to be lucky enough to know a lot of talented people.

In this case though, this is a band, Little Sisters, made up of my brother Derek, who you've all seen before here and my sister Erika (Chloe Hector is in the band as well, hence the name Little SisterS, but she wasn't present for this recording).

So as you can assume a band made up of my brother and sister is rather close to my heart. Again though, I don't want to take away from their talent. This is a great song that we recorded at Erika's place while a few friends where hanging out. We cooked out and ate some food in the backyard a few hours before. Derek had asked me to bring my camera over and we ended up doing this.

Now normally with Run and Gun I try to do things in one take because it catches the spontaneity of the moment and in most cases that is usually where the best stuff comes from. However doing things in "one take" is not a rule of any kind. Sometimes when you're working on a performance, and these are performances, you need to refine it. So in this case I think I made them play the song at least four or five time before we got a take that worked. And it was worth it. I think we created a unique little video that I hope you'll enjoy.

Check out more Little Sisters at myspace.com/littlesistersmusic

0 comments:

About

Creative Commons License
Run and Gun Shows by Dirty Cricket is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

Run and Gun Shows are the property of Dirty Cricket, we shot them. We edited them and we uploaded them. But please feel free to share them with your friends. We want people to see them. If you could just be so kind as to give us credit. Other then that spread the love!

On the Run?

Interested in making a Run and Gun show? Just send us an email with a link to some of your music. We can't guarantee we'll like it, but if we do we'd love to work something out!

E-mail!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP